As part of it, has been announced the next edition of the Zsolnay Light Art Mapping Competition that will be held between 8-10 July.
It will be composed on the Southern facade, towers, roof and rear towers of the Pécs Cathedral.
The new edition will have the following changes:
1. the shortlist will include 5 artworks instead of 10
2. each shortlisted artist will receive a 2000 EUR compensation for their completed work
3. the maximum length is now 4.5 minutes instead of 3
They are looking for mappings that meet the following:
- the art should reflect the theme of balance
- unusual, peculiar and experimental technical approaches and anyone who pushes the borders of mapping’s visual canon
- consider the spiritual nature of the building when using figurative images and symbols.
The jury will give away One 5000 EUR Main Prize, while the public will vote on the Audience Prize, granted by our sponsors. Winner of the Audience
Prize will be invited back next year to present a solo show at their own space during the festival.
For more info: https://www.zsolnayfenyfesztival.hu/en/zsolnay-light-art