Photon Foundation announces an open call for artistic residencies, during which artists will create audiovisual projects shown in the 360° Gallery in Krakow, Poland.
During a 7-day residence in one of the chosen dates, 6 selected artists will have the opportunity to work on the innovative projection system of the 360° Gallery in the Hevre+1 space in the center of the Kazimierz district at Beera Meiselsa 18 street in Krakow.
The aim of the residence is to create original audiovisual projects dedicated to the 360° Gallery projection system, which will be publicly presented as the end of the residence.
Artists will be asked to conduct one public session during the residency, in the form of a project in-progress presentation, an informal conversation about the current research interests or portfolio presentation. The project and ideas for the public session will be discussed before the start of the residency period.
There are 2 periods of residence to be chosen in the application form:
- 20/10/2019 – 28/10/2019
- 30/11/2019 – 07/12/2019
- stipend of the amount of 2000 PLN (~500 EUR) / per project
- reimbursement of documented travel costs max. up to 1000 PLN (~230 EUR) / per project
- accommodation in a separate apartment near the 360° Gallery during the residency
- access to the space and projection technology of the 360° Gallery at fixed hours
- substantive, technical, production and promotional support of the project
- audiovisual show in front of a wide audience finalising the residence
Audiovisual artists or artistic groups (max. 2 people) are invited to participate in the open call, who during the week-long residency will create an original audiovisual project in the 360° Gallery using the pre-installed projection system (specification in the program description above).
The artist should have his own computer and peripheries necessary to create the planned audiovisual project.
Deadline: 30 June 2019